Friday, November 19, 2010

Broken Things to Mend



It was only when his faith wavered and fear took control only when he removed his glance from the master to look at the furious waves and the omnous black gulf beneath, only then did he begin to sink into the sea. In the newer terror he cried out, "Lord, save me"

undoubtedly with some sadness, the master over every problem and fear, He who is the solution to every discouragement and sidappointment, stretched out His hand and grasped the drwoning disciple with the gentle rebuke, "o thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt.

Jeffrey R. Holland

For a while now I've struggled with different trial and tests that have been put in my path as I prepare to leave. I've thought my life had been easy and my biggest tests were what shoes should I wear with this outfit? I knew that my time would come and I would get my world a little shaken. Have my tests been big, no I haven't had anyone die, or had to walk across the plains. Have I had to sell all I own to be able to pay for things no, but I have had my own trials and struggles as expected.

Jeffrey R. Holland teaches us that while are eyes are fixed upon Christ or upon the things Christ would have us do we are safe and able to accomplish the things that we need and that we want. It is only when he take our eyes off our Savior that we being to sink. How often in life do we take our eyes off the Savior? How often do we think that we can do things on our own? We know what to do like praying and readying and going to church everyweek but is that all he asks of us? Can we do more? Honestly in life it's not the easiest or the "coolest" thing to always think Hmmm if I do this is it going to effect my eternal happiness? Yes I'm sure we do ask ourselves that when we are thinking about doing something really bad or stupid but more the most part in life we don't.

Lately i've thought and focused on how things have sucked and things are going to be different and hard. After listening and reading this talk I've learned and have seen how fast I have begun to sink.

Our Heavenly Father and Savior are so kind to us in life, they know exactly what we need. They know what we are going to do in life and what is going to happen to us and even when we do things we know are wrong they are there to welcome us back with open arms. Some many times we do things to make ourselves sink and we cry out "Lord, save me." And as always He is there to pull us to safety. But does rebuke us and say "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt." When in the middle or hard times we don't always have the faith that we should but when we see the light or we have hit rock bottom we cry out. Our Heavenly Father loves us and I'm so excited to go and to teach the people of Nicaragua that they are loved and that they can be saved and to bring back the knowledge that they once had. This is an amazing talk I advice you to read it and reread it. Our Savior lives and he loves us, He atoned for our sins that he knew we would do because he loves us and wants us to live with him and our Father in Heaven again. Our prayers are answered maybe not in the time that we want but they are heard and answered in the time that we need. We need to be still, to quite the noise of the world and listen. We can't change the way or God's will but He knows what he is doing and what will happen and what will make us happy so trust in him, have faith in him and go forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment