Sunday, November 6, 2011

1 Year many more to go.

It has been a year from today that I went through the temple for the first time, as I said yesterday I was able to go to the temple with my mom and was able to sit and think about the convenants that I made and also the feelings and reminders how I want to live so that I can be with Heavenly Father again.
Today I was super nervous to get up and share my testimony with everyone because I just feel like I blab on and on and that my thoughts are always scattered brained, its so much easier for me to express myself in spanish and I am alot less nervous. After trying to talk myself out of it I got up and shared my testimony. I knew that many where thinking what? why is she here? has it really been a year and a half? I quickly but the thoughts and wondering down and told why I was there but also just started to bare my testimony. I prayed before hand to be a instrument in the hand of the Lord that I would be able to share my testimony and help someone here who is listening. I was trying my hardest not to cry or just lose it and I thought I was doing well till I brought up Nicaragua and I started to lose it but quickly regained everything. I started talking and testifying of the love the Lord has for us and that He is always there and knows each one of us and loves us. I saw a few wet eyes in the crowd and was trying my hardest not to look at them because I would lose it even more but I sat down and was juse like feeew I am done with that.
I was told by a few people that they really enjoyed my testimony and that they really needed to hear that. I felt good about that and thought well maybe thats why I was suppose to come home and to have them hear my testimony.
I was sitting in mission prep today which heavens I think i have everyone beat at mission prep I have taken it for years and years but as we were sitting in mission prep the teacher was explaining to us about how our parents feel because there were two missionaries leaving and me and then another return missionary sitting in the class. He was saying how happy it makes our parents and how we are keeping the commandment of God by honoring them. I thought about when my dad saw me coming down the stairs at the airport and smiled HUGE and ran over and gave me big hug he related that to our Heavenly Father how its going to be when we return back to him how He will be running to us to hug us and to thank us for our servious and for helping Him build his kingdom and helping His children come back to him. That hit really deep for me to just think of that and from having that experience with my dad at the airport to think thats how its going to be when I get to return to my father in Heaven its going to be amazing and I cant wait.
Tomorrow I go in for my shot and I'm praying everything goes well so I can be back in Nicaragua quickly. I'll keep you updated

2 comments:

  1. I remember going to the temple with you! It was amazing! Amazing the things that can change in a year. I hope you notice that I'm commenting. Anyways, I always enjoy your letters on here. It helps me get through. Believe it or not even though I'm not a missionary like you, life is tough and a person can relate to a lot of what you are saying. A lot of times the lord's way isn't our way. I've learned that a lot lately. Thank you for bearing your testimony. And who knows, maybe you are home to write this stuff to help me. I hope that isn't all though, because I would feel bad. But I hope everything works out ok. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you Katie, Yes I am noticing that you are blog stalking me. I love you too and I remember I look at my pictures all the time with you infront of the temple. I don't know what my job here to do is but I hope that I can do it and everything can work out so I can get back to Nicaragua.
    Continue to be strong and to keep fighting the Lord blesses us for our hard times and our trials that we pass through.

    ReplyDelete