Monday, June 20, 2011

Yes I got changed this week and now am in managua. Let me back up and give you a recap of my week and will get to changes next I know you all are dying to hear what its like here.Monday after I wrote you guys we went and had a lesson with Bismark who is really cool I have been working with him for 2 changes and his wife is a member. We have been teaching him because he has just gone to church for a year or more with his wife but never has listened to the missionaries or got baptized so we started teaching him. He was kinda against baptism didnt feel ready and didnt really want to get baptized. So we kept working with him and teaching him he kept going to church, but for a little bit we didnt teach him because we could never go to his house because it was late at night and he was never home because he works like crazy. Anyways we finially set a time and sent to his house last monday. We were talking him and I joke around all the time because he is just a jokester and just a really good guy I love the family alot. But I knew I had changes so we went to teach them and we were talking and I asked him how his scritpure study was going.. He said bad then I asked about praying the same I asked why and he said he just didnt read or pray but he had an idea, that we needed to give him something to read and he would read and we would talk about it the next time we came. So we were like what in the world ok we will do that. So we gave him alma 32 and we had an appointment for the next day because the zl were going to give him an interview to get baptized. The next day tuesday we went back and when he came to the door he just seemed really different and quiet and not joking around with him or any of us so I was like oh no whats going on.The elders started teaching the lesson and the spirit was so strong. I started getting a little teary eyed because I could see the change in him while we were talking about alma 32. Then the elders asked him if he would get baptized and he said YES I lost it. I started crying in the lesson because he is amazing and the change and the miracle that I just saw was amazing. He got baptized on sunday I wasnt able to be at the baptism but Im just so happy for them. His wife told me on Monday to take the battery out of the phone and not answer it when they call me to tell me that I have changes. I love that family and know I was suppose to be in Matagalpa for thats reason and now my job is done and its time for me to be in another area. Managua the place I did not want to be in on my mission! its everything I thought it would be and Im trying to get use to it. Matagapla was just another world everything was so calm and chill and happy and just a little isolated place and here its crazy and busy and ya. My comp is Hna. Winter so if you are keeping track I have had a new comp every change and I have learned so much from every comp every change honestly its good but its sad to because I loved Hna. Galdamez so much we had so much fun together and just laughed but I know the Lord has another job for me to do here. Mine is not the options to pick and choose when and where and how I will serve inthe Lords kingdome.
I love reading Alma I love the scriptures and the stories that are in them what in the world they are crazy. But also I was reading in the ensign from Nov. Quenton L. Cook Hope ya know we had a hard time and really that was an answer to my prayers this morning I want you to read it for family home evening tonight and each have a copy and read it because it talks about we all go through hard times in our lives but there is hope and we are promied blessings if we just hold on a little longer. We sometimes ask O God where art thou but heavenly father never leaves us alone and tells us my son or daughter peace be unto thy soul, thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment and then if thou endure it well god shall exalt thee on high. I think oh small of a moment because when I am going through a hard time it seems like forever and I hate it. But reading this I have thought this mission is just a little tiny part of my life, this change is a even smaller part this life I have here on earth is even smaller it blows my mind but God promises us we are never alone and we will be blessed after the hard times. I really like the quote from Harold B. Lee which says sometimes the things that are best for us and the things that bring eternal rewards seem at the moment to be the most bitter, and the things forbidden are oftimes the things which seem to be the more desirable. Its so true in our lives. I also like the scipture wherefore be of good cheer, and do not fear for I the lord am with you and will stand by you. What more do we need? In mormon 9 I was reading today and well in alma and everywhere else I thought how many times in the book of mormon does the Lord tell us not to doubt? not to doubt him? but how often in our lives do we doubt that he will bless us with this, we doubt ourselves we cant do this but with the Lord we can do all things. Do not doubt yourself, do not doubt the power of the Lord like it says in Mormon 9 miracles seized because of our unfaithness our unbelief. God is the same today tomorrow and forever he doesnt change he is a god of miracles and they do exist today I get to see them everyday here on the mission and I testify they are true. It gives us a warning in the end of the chapter BE WISE in the days of your probation. Be wise family do the things we are suppose to and dont doubt in the Lord he loves us and want to help us. I know the atonement of Jesus Christ is true with all my heart and it heals us. I know that Heavenly Father is there and he hears every one of our pleads and our tears I know the Savior knows each heartache that we face and if we go to him he will heal us. I know this church is true and I know if we are wise we are blessed. I love you all family and hope that you have a great week. Hna. Evans

No comments:

Post a Comment